Mac Tethered Shooting
Note: The issues with the D800/D800E and D600 should be fixed now
You can also get the latest Sofortbild version from the Mac App Store
The Mac App Store version is older than the one available for download here. I am having some troubles submitting the new version.
- Control you camera remotely from your Mac via USB or through wired or wireless LAN.
- Automatically transfer all captured images instantly to you hard disk.
- Trigger image capture via release button on camera body or remotely from your Mac.
- Bracketing with an arbitrary number of shutter speeds and interval shooting.
- Import captured images automatically into Aperture and iPhoto.
- Customize file name format and save folder and optionally hide file extension.
- In "RAW+JPEG" mode both image files will get same index.
- Shooting bracketing series, all image files will get same index with incrementing suffix.
- Reset index counter to start count from one again.
- Image Viewer shows most recent captured image including file name and size and image type and dimensions.
- Zoom image in and out, move it around, show it in its actual size and resize it again to fit into image viewer.
- Switch image viewer into fullscreen mode for high resolution review.
- Adjust background color to fit your working environment.
- Disable image viewer while using auto import to gain maximum performance in photo library application.
- Choose between six different image histogram modes to review image quality.
- Browse through complete meta data contained in image file.
- View camera model, lens name, focal length, focus mode and battery status in status bar.
- Control exposure status from application while adjusting shutter speed and aperture.
- View and change shutter speed, aperture, exposure, white balance, iso, image format and size and matrix mode from application.
- Values changes on camera body are instantly updated in the application.
- Use toolbar button, menu item or keyboard shortcut to capture images remotely.
- Alternatively press "Play" button on Apple Remote.
- Depending on focus mode camera will perform auto focus before taking pictures.
- Define self timer delay and number of pictures.
- Visual and acoustic feedback are given during countdown.
- Take series of pictures using a constant interval.
- Define interval by selecting hours, minutes and seconds.
- Take series of pictures with an arbitrary number of different exposure values for high dynamic range imaging.
- Define minimum and maximum shutter speed and optionally shutter speed step and delay.
- Filenames of captured images will get the same index including an incrementing suffix.
- Automatically import captured images into Aperture and iPhoto.
- Optionally launch applications if not running.
- Import pictures into existing projects and albums or create new ones automatically.
- Setup a watch-folder using the auto import feature to automatically import captures images into Lightroom.
High Dynamic Range Imaging
- Automatically create high dynamic range images after bracketing.
- Choose between OpenEXR, LogLuv TIFF, Float TIFF, JPEG-HDR and Radiance.
- Optionally align images automatically before calculating high dynamic range image.
- Mac OS X 10.5 or later
- Nikon D4, D3s, D3x, D3, D2xs*, D2hs*, D2x*, D2h*, D1x*, D1h*, D1*, D800, D800E, D700, D600, D300s, D300, D200, D100*, D7000, D90, D80, D70s*, D70*, D60, D50*, D40x, D40, D5200, D5100 or D5000 (* legacy support)
- Optionally Aperture, iPhoto or Lightroom